We are re-introducing our newest and favorably reviewed shea + mango butter based lotion!
This lotion is for all skin types but if you have sensitive, acne prone, oily or dry skin this is the best natural option on the market for your skin care needs. Chemical free, dye free, paraben free, sulfate free, lye free and formaldehyde free. This is a lotion you can trust and everyone in the household from the babies up to the grandparents can use this lotion to nourish and soothe skin. We also created a list of the benefits for you to know why switching to our organic lotion is the best for your health:
1. PROMOTE HEALTHY SKIN
To be considered organic, a product must contain at least 70 percent organic ingredients. This does not include water or salt. The following list includes several natural ingredients to look out for in organic lotions. Our lotion contains most of these ingredients plus a few others:
- Aloe vera (Aloe barbadensis) prevents bacteria and soothes inflammation, redness, itchy skin, and sunburns.
- Shea butter (Butyrospermum parkii) contains rich moisturizing properties that help improve dryness, flakiness, and redness.
- Tea tree oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) treats breakouts, redness, and inflammation. Say goodbye to those pesky pimples!
- Vitamin C helps prevent signs of aging and tightens skin for a youthful appearance.
- Vitamin E (typically sourced from Tocopheryl acetate) is a natural antioxidant, rich moisturizer, and excellent oil to help heal scars.
- Rosehip Oil (contains cartenoids, which helps keep your skin fresh and healthy by creating new skin cells)
- Mango Butter (The abundance of Vitamin E and Vitamin C in mangos may help protect your skin from environmental stressors like sunlight, pollution, and even blue light from screens.)
2. AVOID HARMFUL INGREDIENTS
In traditional, store-bought lotions, you will find countless questionable ingredients that can be harmful to your health and skin. Check out these commonly found ingredients below and what they are.
- Artificial perfumes: these artificial scents are commonly found in most store-bought lotions. Due to a FDA loophole, beauty companies don’t have to list the possibly hundreds of chemicals used in fragrances. The FDA allows this, so companies can protect their trademark scents. However, this makes it impossible to know which chemicals are used in a lotion.
- Bisphenol A: BPA is used in plastics and exposure to this ingredient is linked to brain, behavior, and prostate gland issues in infants and children.
- Butylated compounds: preservatives like BHA and BHT are typically found in skin creams, sunscreens, and personal products with synthetic scents. Studies have shown that this preservative can lead to organ toxicity, reproductivity, and skin irritations.
- Formaldehyde: this ingredient is used as a preservative in personal care products. However, formaldehyde is a known carcinogen and can cause serious respiratory irritation and nerve damage.
- Parabens: this is a cheap preservative found in most store-bought beauty products. Parabens can cause issues, such as pain, itchiness, and GI tract irritation (when ingested).
- Phthalates: this ingredient is usually found in plastic bottles, synthetic fragrances, household cleaners, personal care products, medical equipment, and even PVC materials. Unfortunately, phthalates have been tested and linked to certain types of cancers, puberty, obesity, and stunting growth.
3. IMPROVE YOUR SKIN’S NATURAL MOISTURIZING PROPERTIES
By using an organic lotion (like ours), you can use a product that will improve your skin’s natural moisturizing properties. The perfect balance of natural oils, vitamins, and butters can help support your skin’s health, promote healing, and restore the stratum corneum (outermost skin layer). Indeed, an all-natural lotion can help give your skin the moisture it needs without feeling greasy or sticky.
4. ENJOY SOFTER SKIN
An organic lotion contains all-natural ingredients that can help you achieve softer skin. We are all exposed to things that can make our skin feel rough, such as the weather, friction from clothes and bags, and work. This can lead to dry, irritated, or chapped skin. When you use an organic lotion, look for one that contains hydrating ingredients like shea butter and coconut oil, which will help heal, soothe, and hydrate your skin. With repeat use, you will experience softer and healthier skin.
5. WORKS GREAT FOR ALL SKIN TYPES
One of the main benefits of organic lotion is that it contains safer ingredients than store-bought versions. These all-natural organic ingredients offer a full range of benefits for a variety of skin types.
We hope this article helped you learn something new about the benefits of using organic lotion. As consumers start to care more about what is in the products they use, companies like us have a unique opportunity to help people achieve their skin goals without compromising their health. If you are interested in trying out our lotion, and other organic, plant based, natural products, check out Hello To Natural's full line of healthy and natural products!